Responsible for providing accounting and clerical support to Accounting Department personnel. Maintains accounting document files, including daily work and accounts payable. Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system. Prints accounts payable checks and inserts them into appropriate envelopes for mailing. Assists accounting personnel as requested.
1. Maintains files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
2. Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions. Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts, using calculator or computer.
3. Responsibility for accounts payable systems and prepaid orders, including
Receipt of all invoices, sorting, review for approvals and account numbers, requesting checks or processing interdepartmental transfers and invoice cancellation.
4. Responsibility for items billed and accounts receivable, including invoice
Mailing, handling cash receipts and statements, and processing interdepartmental transfers.
5. Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions. To ensure a smooth operation of the department through organization and administration
6. Assists the Financial Controller in the completion and dispatching on time all reports required by the administration.
7. Account/bank reconciliations, review and process expense reports, Draw up monthly financial reports; prepare analysis of accounts as requested, assist with yearend closings.
8. Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable, prepare tax computations and returns, and assist with payroll administration.
9. To demonstrate the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
10. Keeps updated with the latest market trends and new product.
11. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
12. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
13. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
14. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives.
15. Attends departmental meetings and daily briefings as required.
16. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
17. Strictly adheres to the hotel’s Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
18. To actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
19. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Financial Controller.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Basic Working Knowledge of Accounting Principles
Good Working Knowledge of Computer Programmes, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Good Working Knowledge of Accounting Principles
Excellent Working Knowledge of Computer Programmes, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Advanced Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working in a Finance Department
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working in a Finance Department in Hotels
Date Needed By
# of Hires Needed