Accounts Payable Administrator
Location: Leopardstown, Dublin 18
Reports to: Accounts Payable Manager
Contract Type: Permanent Position
DCC Vital is a leading healthcare business in Ireland and Britain, with sales in excess of £300 million, over 900 employees and an ambition to be one of the leading players in the supply of own and 3rd party products and services to the healthcare sector. DCC Vital is focused on driving organic growth in its existing businesses and identifying new acquisition opportunities that strengthen and expand its product range, broaden its geographical reach and improve its business.
DCC Vital operates across three key divisions – DCC Vital Medical Devices, DCC Vital Pharma and DCC Vital Logistics:
- DCC Vital Medical Devices is the leading player in sales, marketing and distribution of medical devices and consumables in Ireland with a rapidly developing position in Britain. DCC Vital’s broad range of medical devices encompasses areas such as wound care, urology, procedure packs, critical care (anesthesia, endovascular, cardiology, and IV access), diagnostics and neurology.
- DCC Vital Pharma sells markets and distributes innovative and generic pharma products in Ireland and Britain through the hospital, pharmacy and homecare channels. DCC Vital Pharma’s portfolio of own and third party pharmaceuticals encompasses a range of therapy areas including oncology, antibiotics, pain management, hematology, respiratory, addiction and emergency medicine.
- DCC Vital Logistics is a leading provider of value added logistics services in Britain, providing innovative stock management and distribution services to hospitals and healthcare brand owners/manufacturers focused on delivering products and services across theatres, wards, and home care setting.
DCC Vital is a fast-moving ambitious business with an active focus on acquisitions. The most recent addition to the business, Williams Medical Supplies, the market leading supplier of medical devices and pharmaceuticals to the primary care sector, has enabled DCC Vital to now offer the broadest network of sales and distribution of healthcare products and services in UK and Ireland.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Administrator will be processing of invoices, reconciliation of supplier accounts and the issuing of related payments. This will include:
- Seek relevant approval for non-stock invoices prior to processing.
- Code invoices to relevant expense accounts by reference to GL codes and cost centres.
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices.
- Enter invoices and credit notes onto SAP.
- Reconcile vendor statements to the Creditors’ Ledger. Investigate and follow up on any discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Prepare and set up electronic transfers and payments on Banking-on-line.
- Deal with general queries on Supplier Accounts.
- Various other Administrative duties.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
The principal skills, experience and personal characteristics, which the successful candidate must demonstrate are:
- A minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a Accounts Payable role (essential)
- Leaving Certificate (essential)
- SAP experience would be an advantage
- Excellent numerical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Be detail orientated
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work on own initiative
- This role is a full time, permanent position
DCC VITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Although the above is a description of the requirements of your job, as stated in your contract of employment, you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as the Company may require from time to time.