The Conference & Events Planner promotes, sells and books all hotel facilities. The planner welcomes and guides the conference and events organizers in the hotel, make sure they have everything they need at the right time and the right place. Our guests expect you to have a smart, neat appearance which reflects the highest standards of Marriott. Attitude should be one of confidence and professionalism whilst recognizing that customer satisfaction is of paramount importance. Environmental awareness and sustainability are of importance to the entire operation. This individual will recognize that team effort and excellent communications skills are the keys to success.
- To be available to welcome potential clients to the hotel, guide them during their visit, promote and sell the Banqueting and Conference facilities of the hotel, and confirm the arrangements;
- To check if set-ups of all rooms are correct according to the function sheets specifications;
- To ensure menus, services and quality of presentation are in line with our standards and correspond with function sheets;
- To keep a permanent contact with the organizer during the events;
- To maintain the best communication with related departments through preparation of event orders, monthly and weekly schedules, daily event lists and updates on last minute changes;
- To be “on call” to solve any problem or difficulty that may arise;
- To be responsible for the accurate administrative handling of bookings (including the use of the computerized reservation system), guest correspondence, follow-up of confirmed events, issuing of contracts, deposit follow-up and to finalise all invoices after the events;
- To set and prepare appointments 1 week prior to arrival of big events with client and departments involved to overview all the details
- To be fully aware of all the in-house facilities, F&B promotions, and try to sell them as much as possible
- To promote the Conference & Events facilities outside the hotel during sales calls, fairs, sales blitz, cold calls and other commercial actions and projects.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Create an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the staff. – “Lead by example” always assures a guest minded solution to the customer.
KEY COMPETENCES :
– Strong commercial skills
– Persuasiveness and conviction (convince a client to close the deal)
– Excellent communication skills, speaks fluently Dutch, English and French and strong written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication that properly reflects the hotel Image;
– Ability to perform critical analysis: ability to manage extensive amounts of information and provides constructive feedback/direction;
– Ability to manage multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints;
– Considerable ability to listen effectively;
– Highly organized and punctual
– Excellent presentation
– Good administrator
– Professional and service minded attitude
– Must be team player and relate well to all sales personnel as well as hotel departments
– Fluency in Dutch, English and French
– Experience in hotel sales, reservation, conference and banqueting departments is an advantage
– Flexibility related to job & working hours (ex. Welcome wedding couple during weekend), Manager on Duty in the week or weekend.