Wood is currently recruiting for an E&I Superintendent with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This role will be based in Lysekil, Sweden on a 12 – 18 months months.
- Ensure assigned personnel and construction contractors’ supervision and manpower are fully instructed and motivated with respect to the Wood Health, Safety, Environment, Quality and Security (HSES) policy, site security, site regulations, permit to work procedures, and Client requirements.
- Ensure contractors adhere strictly to the latest approved for construction project drawings, specifications, procedures and site instructions.
- Ensure by leadership and guidance contracted works under his/her control meets all practical and commercial requirements of productivity, quality, schedule, and contract completions.
- In conjunction with the Commissioning Manager ensure pre-commissioning requirements are undertaken in accordance with project specifications and procedures, and coordinated with ongoing construction activities.
- Support, promote, and champion the Wood core values throughout the Construction Execution phase.
- Agree, communicate and implement authority levels for both Wood and construction contractor personnel for all electrical and instrumentation switching and energisation Register of personnel authorisations to be maintained.
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained an available as required for cabling, lighting, earthing, cable tray and racking, trace heating, equipment installation and testing, instrument installation and testing etc., all in accordance with contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications. Where applicable supervise calibration activities.
- Ensure that contractors carry out the receipt, storage, checking, test and calibration of instruments to comply with the project specifications and contract schedule.
- Ensure contractors carry out all excavations and trenching in a logical fashion, minimising site disruption and that they provide safety barriers, signage and trench crossings in accordance with the Wood HSES plan.
- Ensure requirements for cable trench excavation, backfill and interfaces are correctly understood by the contractors and executed efficiently in accordance with the project
- Ensure all cable laying, cable spacing, cover, radii, cable identification and protection complies with the project specifications and all necessary quality control checks and records are carried out in accordance with the quality plan and available for inclusion in handover
- Ensure all notification, safety signs and barriers advising power on/live systems are provided by the contractors and in place. Ensure contractors carry out tool box talks on electrical safety and permit to work requirements.
- Ensure that contractors and commissioning personnel carry out, witness and record all instrument and electrical check requirements in accordance with the agreed commissioning schedule and all record documentation is available on a timely basis to facilitate system and equipment handovers and start up.
- Ensure efficient use of specialist vendor representatives, arranging contractor support and Client witness as required in accordance with the commissioning handover and start-up
Skills / Qualifications
- Technically qualified / time served trades person with trade registrations / vocational qualifications.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes and standards with the ability to manage contractors.
- Recent on-shore Refinery / Petrochemical and Oil & Gas experience
- Computer literate (MS Office components)
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.