Reporting to the VP EMEA Sales, Marketing and Business Development, the Commercial Controller is in charge of developing and implementing standardized controlling processes across the Region and report on performance, as well as supporting a range of key strategic commercial projects and measuring their success.
The position encompasses a mixture of responsibilities and challenges: setting up and establishing new ways of working to enhance the commercial decision-making of Aliaxis EMEA. Strong analytical activity and input across a dynamic and complex commercial landscape as well as involvement in exciting strategic projects such as the drive towards a key decision maker-focused sales model.
The Commercial Controller has a key role in building a community of Business Intelligence specialists in the core geographies, introduce standard processes for capturing and interpreting market data, measure performance.
Assignment’s duration: Oct 2017 – June 2018.
Business Intelligence (market trackers, segment attractiveness, WTP):
- Key market and segment indicators tracking;
- Market Intelligence development across EMEA and within local teams;
- Competition benchmark;
- Monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting of market development.
- Quantitative model and metrics/ data development;
- Development and implementation of standardized controlling processes across the Region;
- Sales budgeting and performance tracking (X-Ray dashboard) against the Growth initiatives and development in terms of Channels, Categories, Customers, Countries;
- Support key strategic commercial projects and measuring their success (‘Where to play’);
- Category deployment and cross fertilization projects’ controller support;
- Support transfer pricing process implementation in countries;
- Challenge the data quality in case of doubts, data quality improvement initiatives;
- EMEA and BU quarterly performance dialogue preparation, challenging and controller support;
- Key accounts reporting;
- BI Sales & Marketing cube support. Ensure consistent categorization and measurement.
The role requires strong business analytical and commercial controlling skills, and the ability to deal with complex and detailed information – plus an understanding of the key commercial goals and drivers of the EMEA Region, its businesses and markets.
Candidates will need to feel comfortable with ambiguity and change, and be excited by a role which will shape and deliver new ways of working.
Key to succeeding is the ability to network and collaborate in a complex international matrix organisation. As a growing and evolving business, change is a constant way of life at Aliaxis and the business needs people with a strong continuous improvement ethic, energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree; most likely in a business-related subject;
- 5+ years experience in controlling or business / commercial analysis which will have been gained in a large and complex international environment;
- Exceptional analytical skills combined with the ability to draw conclusions and turn these into actions;
- Experience in a B2B manufacturing organization;
- Sound business know-how and an appreciation of sales, marketing and commercial processes;
- A balance between determination & perseverance and empathy: able to engage and align local buy-in with Regional needs;
- Strong drive, leadership and influencing skills – the ability to facilitate change;
- English is the business language of Aliaxis, therefore fluency in spoken and written business English is a must. French language skills are also key and other European language capability (eg: German) would be an asset.