FQF is a four-year-old US-centric personal finance website which covers consumer topics such as which stores price match, how to improve your personal finances, company comparisons, and more.
Why Work with First Quarter Finance:
Work where you’d like. Work when you’d like. You’ll be surrounded by an exceptional team operating in a calm yet extremely high-achieving digital environment.
This role is perfect for a professional freelancer, someone who wants part-time work, someone who simply wants extra income, a stay at home parent, a college student, a US citizen living abroad, or a recent college grad. You must have a social security number to work with us.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of all aspects of the website: update plugins, update WP, troubleshoot anything weird that’s going on with the site.
- Add features to the site such as bio’s for writers, a better search function, etc.
- Work with designer to update design elements as desired.
- Work occasionally in Google Search Console.
- This role is as-needed but usually about five hours/week.
- We pay bi-weekly via direct deposit.
- You are considered an independent contractor, not an employee.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter. In the cover letter, please tell us about yourself and address the following:
- If someone asked you to name the best airline in the world, what name would you give them? Please explain how you came to your conclusion.
- If you saw a glitch with the site, what would you do?
- How do you determine when a project — such as adding writer bio’s is complete?
And, at the very top of your cover letter, please write “I am the BEST at what I do.”.
Please do not also apply via our on-site hiring page. It confuses us. : )
This application process is a little lengthy. But we value long-term relationships so we think it’s worth the effort for both parties. As they say, the hard road gets easy while the easy road gets hard.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour