The company is looking for Export Documentation Specialist (m/f) to be based in Dubai-United Arab Emirates.
The purpose of this job is to ensure compliance with local and international regulations from a documentation perspective. Imports into Middle East and Africa and Exports from Middle East require documentation for Customs, EHS, Financial and Customer reasons, each of which the documentation specialist should be familiar with. The primary role is to ensure that imports and exports are supported with the appropriate documentation for the right reasons, and in compliance with local and international laws and legislation.
The incumbent will act as the Subject Matter Expert for export documentation, including but not limited to customs documents, insurance documents, EH&S documents, certificates of origin, invoices, letters of credit, certificates of origin, certificates of analysis, certificates of conformity for imports into Middle East/African countries and exports from these countries to other world areas.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure correct documentation is issued/collected for the imports/exports of materials.
- Deliver accurate and timely documentation meeting the customer, country and/or Letter of Credit requirements.
- Measure the performance of the documentation process and documents issued (accuracy and timeliness). Analyse discrepancies and implement corrective actions, preventing future recurrence of issues.
- Measure the performance of third parties (freight forwarders, carriers, surveyors, etc.) involved in the supply of export documentation for accuracy and timeliness and implement corrective actions where appropriate.
- Provide consultancy to Dow businesses and its customers on documentation requirements and process capabilities for the respective countries in the region.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the local chambers of commerce in the countries that Dow ships materials from/to.
- Provide training and education to Dow people, customers and suppliers on documentation requirements for the countries in the region.
- Actively engage in projects and meetings and represent the ITO organization as the documentation specialist for the respective region.
Critical Success Factors
- Take initiative to ensure accurate and timely document creation and distribution.
- Understand the importance of high quality standards and seek to achieve them.
- Effective communication with Service Providers, Dow Businesses, Operations and Customer Service
- Ability to work independently, as a team member and with people at various levels of the organization.
- Accept and implement change where required.
- Good understanding of OTC work processes.
- Efficient and effective communications to all related parties.
- Gather inputs and gain consensus when making decisions.
- Apply Corrective and Preventive Action work process (CAPA) to identify discrepancies and avoid future recurrence of discrepancies.
3rd Party Management
- Manage the relationship and integration with 3rd party service providers for Documentation activities and performance.
Chambers of Commerce
- Manage the relationship with the (local) chambers of commerce for manufacturing or loading locations in the Middle East and Africa.
- Participate in projects implementation representing the export documentation activities for shipments from Jubail (KSA) and Jebel Ali (UAE) to countries in other world areas.
- Represent International Trade Operations for export documentation in Supply Chain projects
- Masters’ Degree Required in International Trade / Business Economics / Legal and/or Supply Chain.
- Green Belt Project Leader certification is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in International Trade and Supply Chain.
- The incumbent needs to demonstrate expertise on International Trade Operations in Middle East countries and related documentation requirements.
- Former experience working for a freight forwarder in a Middle East country is desired.
- English fluent in writing and speech
- Arab fluent in writing and speech
- French language skills are an advantage.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow’s integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company’s more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to “Dow” or the “Company” mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership – and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow supports a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment. We welcome talent regardless of background, age, gender, religion, disability and sexual orientation.