We’re looking for a PHP developer to remotely support our digital team in Zurich.
The ideal candidate will use their love for writing server-side web application logic to forward our corporate mission of opening the world through education. To achieve this, the candidate must have the skills to develop back-end components, maintain central databases, develop/integrate plugins, and ensure a high performing, responsive front end.
We’re a friendly team who plays hard and works hard and loves nothing more than nerding out about clean code, smart logic, and turning digital insights into creative solutions. If this sounds like your idea of good time, we want to hear from you!
As an EF PHP developer, you will…
- Work alongside a young, international, highly talented, multi-skilled, and modest digital team of about 40 awesome people from 21 countries
- Design and implement new features and functionality
- Establish and guide the website’s architecture
- Ensure the site’s performance and availability while managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Help formulate an effective, responsive design, and turn it into the working theme and plugins
As an EF PHP developer, you have to…
- Have experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Have experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Be comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Have the ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Have the ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Understand how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Have a strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Have previous experience with Twig PHP Template engine
Dazzle us with your CV, cover letter, and portfolio.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months with potential to extend
Employment type: Freelance contract
We’re 46,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.