Global Investment Banking Analyst Programme
Job Description & Program Overview
Global Corporate and Investment Banking
Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB) provides advice and services to large corporations, governments and institutions around the world. GCIB provides the firm’s clients with a broad range of services and products, including mergers and acquisitions and strategic advice, lending, access to debt and equity capital markets, treasury services and tailored risk management solutions.
Global Corporate and Investment Banking is split into three areas:
- Corporate Banking and Debt Capital Markets
- Equity Capital Markets
- Investment Banking
The Investment Banking division provides advice to CEOs, CFOs and Boards of Directors of our clients on strategic topics including mergers and acquisitions and capital structure. Our bankers also work closely with product specialists in Equity Capital Markets and Debt Capital Markets and Corporate Banking to originate and execute debt and equity financing and treasury solutions for our clients.
The Investment Banking division is organized across industry coverage, country/region, and product teams. Industry coverage teams include Consumer and Retail, Energy and Power, Financial Institutions, Financial Sponsors, Healthcare, Multi-Industries, Real Estate, Gaming and Leisure, and Telecoms, Media and Technology among others. Product teams include Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance and Leveraged Finance. Country teams include all regions in EMEA and are partially or fully based in regional offices.
As an Analyst within Investment Banking, you will:
- Work on projects alongside bankers in specific industry, product and country coverage groups, providing you with a unique learning opportunity
- Help the team deliver solutions to clients leveraging full spectrum of the bank’s capabilities
- Actively contribute to the preparation of client presentations and underlying financial analysis
- Build relationships, knowledge and experience that will open doors to a wide range of future career opportunities
- Through our unique pooling system, you will have the opportunity to work in industry, product and coverage groups to give you a first-hand understanding of the investment banking profession and offer you the chance to explore your best fit for full-time placement
Your development with us begins with a solid foundation of training to understand our culture, our lines of business and all the relevant technical and professional skills important for your specific role and for building a great career here. On commencing work with your team, there will continue to be ongoing development opportunities through structured analyst class training, on-the-job learning and continued networking within the bank which will support you throughout your career. For example, Learning 2016/17is our online learning site designed to support your ongoing development. It provides a range of learning options across six pillars including Personal Effectiveness, Financial Products and Applications & Tools. So if you are looking for live and virtual classes you can attend or short videos and resources you can view from your desk, you’ll find it all available to you in one location.
- Candidates are required to be a recent graduate or in their final year of study pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines such as the arts and humanities, as well as numerically focused subjects such as economics and mathematics
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
- Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may also be required for some roles
- You’ll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Team-working, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
- Demonstrates Accountability and Productivity
- Displays analytical and problem-solving skills
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
Competitive Salary and Great Benefits
November 30 2017