- Provide necessary administrative support to the General Manager and operating office in a professional manner, ensuring confidentiality of restricted and sensitive information.
- Support Human Resources Department; recruiting and staffing logistics, company employee communications, and employee relations.
- Compile, collate, and analyze data as required for reports.
- Be well acquainted with all area attractions, activities, and local events.
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for the resort.
- Vendor Liaison; work with Adventure and Activity Vendors as a point of contact to facilitate and build relationships with resort management and vendor management.
- Manage the negotiation, execution, performance, modification and termination of contracts with various vendors, distributors, contractors; analyze potential risks involved with specific contract terms.
- Facilitate the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensure implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
- Stay visible and interact with guests on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction. Review guest feedback with leadership team and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Provide general concierge service upon request, including but not limited to postage, paging, making reservations for guests both within the hotel and outside facilities. Satisfy guest requests efficiently and follow-up. Properly log guest contact and requests. Become acquainted with each days arrivals, VIPs and daily group activities.
- Foster employee commitment to providing excellent service, participation in daily stand-up meetings and demonstrate desired service behaviors in interactions with guests and employees.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS –
- Hospitality background and prior front office management experience a must.
- Outstanding organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Team player who is able to multi-task; lead, drive and is bottom-line oriented.
- Highly motivated individual who is self-directed, with strong initiative and desire for achievement.
- Computer literate in MS Office (proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and G Suite Google Drive Software
- Hotel Management Software or Property Management Software such as RoomKey, Micros POS, SkyWire POS a plus
- Previous international travel experience, living in a foreign country, or interaction with other cultures a plus.
- Foreign language skills a definite plus.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
On-site subsidized housing available.
For immediate consideration, apply at www.sorrelriver.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time
- Hospitality: 1 year
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License