To maximise customer satisfaction by providing neat and clean rooms in accordance with the standards of The Rezidor Hotel Group, and to provide efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble free and proactive service to guests. All work will be in line with departmental guidelines and Rezidor’s service concepts.
Position Requirements and Offer Details
• Collects daily worksheet each morning with applicable keys, and returns it by the end of the shift
• Keeps bedroom door open while working in the guest room, and locks door properly when leaving the room
• Maximises job efficiency and neat, orderly appearance by maintaining supply cart and vacuum cleaner
• Stocks supply of cart correctly in the morning and afternoon, with all necessary linens, guest supplies, and cleaning equipment
• Sorts out any damaged linen or linen needing rewashing and returns them to Laundry Department
• Cleans guest rooms daily according to operational policies and standards
• Removes soiled bed and bath linens, and replaces with clean linens
• Removes accumulated trash from rooms
• Cleans bathroom area
• Dusts all surfaces
• Replenishes promotional materials, literature and stationary
• Replenishes room amenities
• Vacuums room
• Reports unusual circumstances to Floor Supervisor
• Reports maintenance requests and replacement orders
• Leaves all guests belongings in stay over rooms unless they have been discarded in the trash
• Assists guests and other departments by removing food trays and trolleys from bedrooms
• Reports to the Floor Supervisor if a guest room has the “do not disturb” sign on the door
• Reports to the Floor Supervisor if duvets, duvet covers, bedspreads or bed skirts need changing
• Completes full cleaning of any room as requested by Floor Supervisor
• Attends to guest needs and requests courteously and efficiently
Hotel or Business Details
Park Inn by Radisson Polokwane is located in Polokwane City (formerly Pietersburg) in the capital city of Limpopo, the northern most province in South Africa. The city is 300km NW of Johannesburg accessible through the N1.
The hotel is situated in the Capricorn region of Polokwane. stretches from the Ysterberg, all along the foothills of the lush Wolkberg, to the Tropic of Capricorn in the north. The region’s position makes it a perfect stopover between Gauteng and the northern areas of the province and between the country’s northwestern areas and the world-renowned Kruger National Park.
It is also in close proximity to the neighbouring countries of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland. The tourism hotspots of the region are Bela-Bela hot springs (formerly Warmbaths), Nylsvlei Nature Reserve and Bela-Bela Recreational Centre.
The hotel is located to the South of the city centre, along the existing Polokwane golf course and across the road from the new Peter Mokaba sports stadium.
The hotel affords easy access to the CBD, as well as the Greater Polokwane Region incorporating new business, industrial and leisure areas.