The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and legal US residents. Legal US residents must possess a social security number and be citizens of a NATO country, except for the host country of Germany. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is with European Stars & Stripes.
This announcement is only open to candidates currently residing in the local commuting area of Kaiserslautern.
Performs Military Personnel administration functions to include preparation of orders and travel arrangements, maintaining current promotion list, processing applications for leave, training or reassignments; processing incoming/outgoing personnel, Performs administration SIDPERS input and control data. Maintains suspense rosters for preparation of military evaluation reports for all services. Writes military job descriptions and serves as liaison between personnel servicing activity, finance office and subordinate units. Prepares career plans for military personnel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
0203 Human Resources Assistance
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click
to view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf ).
Knowledge of military personnel management policies and procedures. Working knowledge of automated systems supporting Military Personnel Programs. Ability to meet and deal with individuals at all levels of the organization and higher level agencies. Knowledge of military protocol and functions. Capable of independent operation and initiative requiring little direct supervision.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click
to view kit or copy this URL:
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference – Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference – Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference – Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume (click
to view form or copy this URL into your browser:
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- PCS Orders; DA 3434
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.