Wayside Publishing is offering an opportunity to transition your classroom skills into a new setting in the field of language learning. As an Instructional Specialist, you’ll work alongside teachers as they explore and implement Wayside Publishing’s modern and effective language learning programs. Classroom experience and a desire to further language education are critical for this position. Your new colleagues will be our distinguished list of authors and editors. With their help, and help from our editorial, sales, and marketing staff, you’ll create the tools teachers need to make change easy. Most importantly, you’ll be directly involved in improving language education for all.
This is a full-time, remote position with frequent (up to 50%) travel throughout the US.
Train teachers to implement our programs into their curriculums
- Successfully present both in-person and online training for schools who purchase or pilot our language programs.
- Work directly with teachers to ensure a thorough understanding of new materials, the learning management system, and how to use them together well.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with current and prospective customers.
Create presentations and training materials
- Create scripts, presentations, and training supplements for various language learning products; these could include both print and video tutorials.
- Create and conduct webinars about language learning and our products.
- Develop content for and submit presentation proposals to national, regional, and state conferences.
Facilitate state and district textbook adoptions
- Work with account managers to respond to requests for information.
- Attend and/or give presentations at events that are required by state and district adoption committees.
Produce online content for teachers
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to maintain consistent contact through targeted, informative emails that help teachers use our products more effectively.
- Work with the marketing team to develop shareable content about various products for social media.
- Create blog and news posts for the company website and social media.
Assist in the development of new features and products
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that products are meeting the needs of schools.
- Research and monitor competitors’ products in order to develop and maintain a clear understanding of their approach to language learning.
- Identify and share developments and technology trends in world languages with our product development team and information technology team.
- 5+ years in the field of second language acquisition, preferably in K-12 education
- Experience creating and giving Powerpoint presentations at education conferences and schools
- Easily adopts new technology and has the ability to give online webinars while navigating a learning management system
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and in Spanish or French
- Works well independently in a home office environment
- Lives within commuting distance of a major U.S. airport and enjoys frequent travel (less than 50%)
- Takes initiative with a positive, can-do attitude and welcomes feedback
- Values a friendly, cooperative, and collaborative team environment
- Easily and eagerly adopts new technology
- Is obsessively attentive to details and respectful of deadlines
- Adheres instinctively to basic grammar rules
- Learns and applies new skills quickly
- Responds to stressful situations calmly and effectively
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Health/dental insurance coverage
- Paid holidays
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Work/life balance as a company value