Scope Of Work:
To assist the IT Manager to ensure hotel computer systems are installed and operating properly and system security measures are in place. To ensure computer hardware is well maintained and that systems are utilized to their maximum potential.
1. Assists the IT Manager with maintaining Microsoft Windows applications and systems including but not limited to: Windows 7, Windows XP; Windows Server 2003/8; and Microsoft Exchange.
2. Assists the IT Manager with Maintaining routers; adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing email addresses; assessing and reporting operational status; performing backups and restores; including performing routine preventative maintenance.
3. Assist colleagues in understanding and using the technology available within the hotel.
4. Establishes, documents, tests and communicates short-term and long-term emergency procedures.
5. Ensures compliance with all software licensing agreements and safeguards software media and associated licenses.
6. Working with the IT Manager ensures that all company IT related Standard Operating Procedures are implemented, monitored and updated accordingly.
7. Maintains LAN/WAN maintenance logs.
8. Working with the IT Manager ensures that all company IT related Standard Operating Procedures are implemented, monitored and updated accordingly.
9. Presents and implements technological alternatives to streamline functions and improve productivity.
10. Creates and maintains LAN/WAN maintenance logs.
11. Assists the IT Manager with the discovery, mitigation and documentation of information technology risks.
12. Assists the IT Manager with the completion of the required monthly IT reports.
13. Maintains and tests the technology disaster recovery plan.
14. Ensures networks, workstations, operating system and software applications are operational; ensures hardware and software is patched and or updated; ensures all analog and broadband circuits are operational in accordance with vendor specifications. Responsible for troubleshooting workstations, networks, software applications, phones, copiers and other technologies.
15. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
16. Keeps updated with the latest industry trends and new product in the market.
17. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
18. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
19. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
20. To maintain HSIA including Wi-Fi where appropriate, as per brand requirements in order to generate revenue to the hotel.
21. Actively participates in all hotel energy saving and recycling initiatives.
22. Attends monthly departmental meetings and daily briefings as required.
23. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
24. Strictly adheres to the hotel’s Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
25. To actively participate in all EHSMS and FSMS requirements.
26. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the IT Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Good Working Knowledge of all Microsoft Products
Basic Working Knowledge of Hotel Applications – Opera/Micros
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Basic Working Knowledge of Hotel Applications – PABX, IP Telephony, IP TV and CCTV systems
Basic Spoken Arabic
High School Graduate
Industry Based Certification MCSE/MCSA/CCNA
Minimum 2-Years Experience Working Within IT
Minimum 2-Years Experience Working Within IT in 5 Star Hotels