– London Transport Museum
– Museum & Heritage
Learning Project Officer
Location: Covent Garden
Role: 12 month maternity cover
Salary: £28,950 – £33,650 per annum
Are you inspired to engage with the past, present and future of London’s transport? At London Transport Museum, we offer learning opportunities for schools and families, skills development and creative activities for young people, and provide engaging programming to a wide variety of audiences at the Museum in Covent Garden, the Depot in Acton, and through outreach work across London. We also deliver many contemporary transport education projects on behalf of Transport for London.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will manage the delivery of the primary schools programme covering EYFS, KS1 & 2, focusing on history, science, technology, engineering and maths. This includes workshops at the museum and the depot, outreach sessions and activities for SEN schools.
You will be accountable for embedding best practice in museum education, training and supporting a team of freelancers and actors to deliver our programme. The post holder will work in a dynamic team of Learning staff to extend the reputation of the department internally and externally driving forward the School programme at LTM.
- Develop and manage, efficiently and to budget, an education programme for over 21,500 KS1 & 2 learners linking to the national curriculum with the collection at its heart.
- Develop a programme that links to the wider work of the museum, visible to and valued by staff and other audiences.
- Build strong relationships across our two sites in Covent Garden and Acton Depot with a diverse group of stakeholders, including schools, other LTM departments, funders and Transport for London.
- Ensure that young people have a range of opportunities to be involved with LTM and that all work seeks to build lifelong relationships and future visitors
- Work closely with key internal partners – particularly Operations and Visitor Services teams – to ensure that the schools programme is visible, valued and integrated with the wider work of the Museum.
- Fully and consistently evaluate and measure impact of the schools programme to inform its on-going development, and work closely with the Enjoyment to Employment programme manager when relevant.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of running engaging learning workshops in a heritage or other education setting
- Knowledge of working with a range of learners, including SEN audiences and delivering and evaluating successful projects
- Proven knowledge of working alongside schools to deliver a learning programme
- Effective interpersonal skills to engage and work with a range of stakeholders in a clear and confident manner. Exceptional ability to build personal and organisational relationships at all levels
- Demonstrable flexibility in approach to work; able to adjust plans as necessary to meet overall dreams of the Learning team and the Museum
- Ability to successfully articulate, plan and deliver a coherent programme of dynamic projects
- Experience of successfully managing, recruiting and training people, particularly freelancers and volunteers
Please apply using your CV and a two page (maximum) covering letter. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV and cover letter reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. Short listing will be carried out on the basis of answers to any pre-screening questions and the information on your CV and covering letter.
The closing date for applications is 18th March 2018 @ 23:59
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient childcare payments
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel