Our client is a young and highly innovative company headquartered in Leipzig, Germany. The fast-growing company with cross-cutting projects for digitalisation facilitates business solutions, which helps users and clients to reduce non-conformity costs, manpower costs and lead times is looking to hire a Linux System Architect (m/f) for their offices in Prague, Czech Republic but who will also be responsible for their offices in Leipzig.
With a team of approx. 30 people in Leipzig and 20 in Prague our client simplifies its customers’ complex solutions, using the newest technologies, machine learning, artificial intelligence, self-learning application.
Based in Prague, you will be responsible for the overall design and implementation of their organization’s technology system, platform, or program. Their main objective is to provide architectural leadership to the company’s technology group and ensure best practices are created and followed.
You will be the senior engineer/architect with a hands-on approach within the team.
You will establish standard operating procedures to help control the risks associated with the projects. You will play a lead role for all aspects of designing, scheduling and planning, as well as delegating tasks to subordinates. Additionally, you will also monitor key project metrics and perform quality control initiatives and reviews.
You will answer directly to the upper level managers so you would need to have excellent organizational and multitasking skills. You must possess the ability to lead and direct the work of other team members and you must be familiar with all the relevant software and systems related to the position.
- Wide experience as an IT system administrator of a complex Linux server system environment, a pertinent education background is preferable
- Experience with Linux server configuration (e.g. Puppet, Ansibl, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of dealing with storage systems: i.e. Ceph, GlusterFS
- Long-term experience with network technologies, protocols and safety (firewalling): Sophos, PTSense
- Profound knowledge of network technology designing, shell programming, IT safety
- Solid experience with virtualisation (Windows 7 Client, Windows Server, VMware, Docker/ OpenShift/ Kubernetes, ProxMox)
- Solid experience with identity management: Active Directory, Free IPA
- Experience with the administration of CRM systems, and – ideally – sharepoint systems
- You have no problem to get on with a complex system environment
- Already gained some experience with software development, in particular with Python and other popular Internet technologies
- Intent on the details, communicational talent, team player
- English-day to day communication, documentation etc.
- An avid interest for CRM systems, IoT and AI
- Flexibility and Drive (personality really important)