GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for managing shipments, reporting transportation metrics, identifying trends across global transportation methods and practices, providing visibility through projects and tools, ensuring that internal customers needs are met and that company policy and international trade compliance regulations are adhered to.
- Coordinate parts delivery with internal customers to ensure shipments are consistent with end-customers’ requirements, to support the timely delivery and to communicate to the field regarding order requests
- complete shipping transaction in appropriate systems and prepares shipping paperwork as needed including but not limited to Import/Export documentation, Shipping Letter of Instruction, invoices and packing lists
- Initiate parts collections and returns and coordinates and communicates shipment delivery requirements with freight forwarders
- Proactively resolve and escalate delivery issues to appropriate personnel to ensure shipment is made in line with internal and external customers’ requirements
- Comply with EHS & Quality System regulations and policies
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Implement of tools and dashboards for metric visibility and communication
- Analyzes of transportation spend and tie to the financial ledger and drives standardization of transportation processes across the countries in scope
- Own local inventory management including waste, responsible to deliver monthly inventory targets
- Work cross-functionally with sourcing, operations, supply chain and finance to identify improvement opportunities and implement successful changes.
- Drive data analysis and business case development for key projects and drives Logistics related cost-out projects, supports Variable Cost Productivity initiatives
- Responsible for timely, accurate and complete record keeping
- Support warehousing optimization/Lean projects
- Define field tools requirements and creates, tracks and keeps purchasing and maintenance budged related to it
- Own tools calibration process and out-of-tolerance follow up
- Prepare Logistics related statutory reports and submits to relevant authorities
- Own logistics related process for system installations, relocations and deinstallations and for parts harvesting from the field
- Keep close day-to-day cooperation with Service Center and act as back-up function for it
- Bachelors in Logistics, Engineering or Supply Chain
- Some experience in Operations, Customs and/or Logistics or similar
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a cross-functional multi-language and multi-cultural teams
- Strong project management, communication and analytical skills, ability to solve complex problems and drive change
- business/financial acumen with entrepreneurial spirit, financially literate
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally from time to time
- Very strong verbal and written command of English and Czech languages
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Demonstrated logistics leadership in a service related industry
- Familiar with Lean Six Sigma tools and approach
- Strong motivation to deliver company goals through creation and communication of practical “hands-on” operational plans and strategies
- Outstanding multilingual communication skills, including experience with communicating with others from different countries and cultures
Locations: Czech Republic; Praha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.