Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in Copenhagen is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Personal Assistant to Her Majesty’s Ambassador (Maternity cover – 12 month fixed term).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the Ambassador’s diary by actively making appointments and responding to invitations. Making travel arrangements, including liaising with the Ambassador’s driver over precise locations and journey times. Liaising with other embassy staff about calls required and necessary briefing and papers.
- Dealing with phone calls and e-mail requests and enquiries on behalf of the Ambassador.
- Event management: managing guest lists including for major events (400+ invitations) and working with residence staff on other aspects of events such as catering requirements.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including a contacts database, accounts and budget management.
Essential qualifications and experience
- At least 2 years experience working as a personal assistant or in an office administration environment;
- Experience in diary and event management;
- Highly developed organisational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Danish;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Ability to navigate a complex organisational environment and build a thorough understanding of the Embassy’s aims and objectives.
Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline – day
Application deadline – month
Application deadline – year
1 September 2017
Type of Position
Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Type of Post
Number of vacancies
Starting monthly salary (DKK)
Start Date – day
Start Date – month
Start Date – year
1 November 2017
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a fixed-term contract of 12 months.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorization for Denmark in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Copenhagen is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Danish employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.