First Quarter Finance is a four-year-old personal finance website. Though based in the US, we’re looking for UK-based writers to write articles for our UK audience (British English is what we want for these). All of these articles will be based on UK stores, etc. so no worries about not being familiar with US stores, etc. Your editors will also be from the UK so there will be no confusion. We cover consumer topics such as which stores price match, where to buy certain things, how much things cost, and more. We invite you to poke around the site to see firsthand.
Why Work with First Quarter Finance:
Work where you’d like. Work when you’d like. Work as much as you’d like (within reason). You’ll be surrounded by an exceptional team operating in a calm yet extremely high-achieving digital environment.
This role is perfect for someone who wants part-time work, someone who simply wants extra income, a stay at home parent, a college student, a recent college grad, or a professional freelancer who wants a little or a lot of tasks.
- All topics are provided.
- Editors let you know up front what needs to be included in an article.
- You must commit to writing at least one article per week. The sky’s the limit.
- No need to interview experts though some articles will require you to call stores or companies.
- Articles are very research-focused so you must be able to do this easily and with an understanding of what is and what is not a credible source.
- The pay is £60 per article. Some articles will be indicated as being worth less but the effort/pay will be commensurate to the £60 articles.
- We pay bi-weekly via direct deposit.
- You are considered an independent contractor, not an employee.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your resume, a link(s) to writing samples, and a cover letter. In the cover letter, please tell us about yourself and address the following:
- If someone asked you to name the best airline in the world, what name would you give them? Please explain how you came to your conclusion.
- Which Internet browser do you use?
- Provide at least three writing samples.
And, at the very top of your cover letter, please write “I am the BEST at what I do.”.
Please do not also apply via our on-site hiring page. It confuses us. : )
This application process is a little lengthy. But we value long-term relationships so we think it’s worth the effort for both parties. As they say, the hard road gets easy while the easy road gets hard.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Contract