Are you a dedicated and driven IT Project Manager, looking to take the next step in your career with a Global Financial Services business?
Part of the global Allianz Group, Allianz Insurance Plc is one of the UK’s largest and most progressive Insurance companies, and we’re looking for people like you.
We currently have a number of exciting and rewarding opportunities for experienced project managers, from junior to more senior levels, to join our project management practice, working on assignments across the organisation.
There has never been a better time to join the expanding IT team at Allianz UK. You will work closely with key stakeholders within our IT Division and our Business areas, contributing to the delivery of a varied portfolio of work.
You will use your skills as a Project Manager to scope, initiate and deliver projects of various size and complexity, leading the project team through the full project life cycle while pro-actively managing the risks, issues, dependencies and costs associated with the project.
Skills & Experience
To be successful within our project management community you will have the following project management experience:
• Project management experience, preferably with a background in IT projects or previous experience in a technical role before becoming a project manager.
• Familiar with and competent in the use of the Microsoft Office suite and MS Project.
• Excellent knowledge of the full project life cycle and system development methodologies
• Strong understanding of managing change in a complex, multi-technical environment
• For more senior roles, you will have previously managed large projects or programmes
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Excellent financial tracking and resource planning
You will also be able to demonstrate the following skills/experience:
• Experience of working on multi-workstream projects or programmes.
• Experience of waterfall project methodology (e.g.Prince 2)
• Experience of managing application development/enhancement projects
• Proven experience of meeting planned project timescales, budgets and quality
• Experience of managing stakeholders at various levels of the organisation
• Experience of managing projects against the end to end SDLC
• Proven experience of managing risks and issues
• Ability to motivate the project team and keep the team working to planned timescales
Ideally you will also possess the following:
• Experience with Planview and/or MS Project
• Experience of financial services industry preferred
• Experience of managing an offshore development team
• A team player who is customer centric with excellent networking skills and an ability to effectively build business relationships.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills, confident to challenge when appropriate
• An adept leader with excellent people management skills
• A Self-motivated, positive, tenacious and robust individual with a strong work ethic and the ability to use their own initiative
• Strong collaboration
• Flexible working style, with an aptitude for recognising and dealing with risks before they become issues.
• Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight timelines
• Commercially aware
• Ability to analyse the available information and make consistently sound decisions.