We are looking for someone with talent & drive to join our team as a Receptionist at our amazing, The Movement Hotel Bijlmer Bajes in the Old prison of Holland.
Was it always your dream to work in a Hotel? Or are you interested in working in a hotel? Right now, YOU can be part of the exciting opening of a brilliant new Hotel.
We are a pop up hotel what will be run by refugees for you to stay, refugees to train and get employment. Your mission is to be a full-time receptionist but especially focussed on training & develop refugees the reception skills. You are responsible for every aspect of the hotel operation behind the reception. You operate mainly in the lounge/reception area where you are open and available with a friendly smile to meet all the needs of hotel guests. This goes way beyond old school reception duties: you and your team members will be our super-skilled hosts and responsible for optimal guest experience.
And this stuff too:
- Train & Develop refugees in this project
- Reception duties; From 06:45-15:00 hrs or 14:45-23:00 or 23:00 – 07:00 hrs
- Take care of the phone traffic. You receive phone calls, you make phone calls, you write down notes from
phone calls and you spread information via phone.
- You receive (hotel) guests on a correct and polite way and you forward them to the correct
person/department if needed.
- Check in & check out
- Process payments with hotel guests
- Provide hotel (guests) with information about the hotel and about Amsterdam
- Make sure the checklist is always set, up to date and finished at the end of your shift
- Replying on emails
- Making online bookings
- Making bookings for the meeting rooms
- You keep track on the agenda from the Front Office and from the Meeting Rooms
- You receive post and make sure the post arrives at the correct person/department
- You register and maintain the contact/client sheet of guests/companies
- You keep track of the stock behind the front desk and mention to the HM what we need to order
- You make sure the reception and lounge is always neat and clean
- You make sure the meeting lounges are neat and clean
- You are in charge of the maintenance of our plants
- You are in charge of a birthday calendar from the staff
You’re going to need this:
- Experience in Excel & Word
- Experience in training a team ( bonus )
- A flexible, hands-on, motivated and positive approach
- Y ou love responsibility
- Fluent in Dutch & English
- Hard working, responsible and “let’s do this!” mentality
- The chance to be part of the exciting opening of an amazing big project!
- Full time salary
- A team of fun and enthusiastic people
- The chance to have true impact and be part of this exclusive new hotel concept
- Cool socialising opportunities
- Starting date: A.S.A.P
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €1,785.00 /month
- Front office: 1 year