We are a modern recruiting boutique supporting rapidly-growing small businesses specific to the cleared community. Our unique, hourly model delivers a cost-effective solution to our clients, while maintaining a close, consultative partnership to support their exciting corporate growth.
We require exceptional recruiting candidates only, who want to learn, grow, achieve and make money. Our entire ka-hoot team works 100% of the time from their own home office, in conjunction with and in support of ka-hoot corporate efforts.
Our process to engage with new recruiting talent is well-defined. We engage qualified 1099s at three different tiers to support our demand; Technical Recruiters, Technical Recruiting Managers and Technical Account Managers. Prior to moving new ka-hoot team members into any of these roles, we first commence a part-time engagement, allowing new team members to understand our model and scope of client work. After an initial trial period, we determine if the engagement is a strong match for all, and, if so, scale up to the role best aligned with a team member’s long-term career goals and expertise.
We require bright talent, ranging from junior to experienced. We support clients nationally and are open to candidates from any US geography. Hours worked are flexible. Recruiting roles with ka-hoot offer autonomy, challenge, competitive hourly/commission rates, interesting work supporting interesting clients and an exceptional opportunity for visibility with a company on the front end of exponential growth.
We require candidates with the ability to forge strong business partnerships; the ka-hoot approach is consultative. Communication skills must be excellent, both written and verbal. Professionalism will be paramount. We require candidates eager to succeed as individuals and for the benefit of the group. We require candidates able to operate independently and in tandem with the ka-hoot team.
General Qualifications for all Recruiting roles:
- Honesty. Our team is accountable for every minute our clients are billed.
- An excellent work ethic including the innate drive to exceed expectations and achieve
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work well with the team and to work well independent of the team
- Experience recruiting for technical skill sets such as Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Cybersecurity Engineers, Security Architects, Systems Administrators, IT Service Desk Analysts, Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, Environmental Engineers and/or Technical Sales Talent
- Experience recruiting for DoD/Intel projects to include familiarity with clearances at the Secret, TS, TS/SCI w/ CI/FSP levels
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Human Resources or Communications
Job Function: to identify qualified candidates via resume review and initiate contact to engage with ka-hoot specific to client requirements
Qualified Technical Recruiters will:
- Understand technical requirements to include relevant education, certifications, skills and experience in an effort to pre-qualify possible talent to match client requirements
- Understand the varied levels of active clearances to match client requirements
- Utilize varied search skills to source a volume of qualified candidates to match client requirements using varied job boards
- Work efficiently to quickly identify talent, contact talent and start process to engage with talent
- Use effective written communication skills in a professional, engaging manner to excite interest around ka-hoot client opportunities
- Maintain email contact and follow up to engage talent and bring in appropriate Technical Recruiting Manager to further the process, in particular with top candidates
Technical Recruiting Managers
Job Function: to qualify identified talent via in-depth screening conversation to determine suitability specific to ka-hoot client requirements
Qualified Technical Recruiting Managers will:
- Understand technical requirements to include relevant education, certifications, skills and experience in an effort to qualify talent to match client requirements
- Understand the varied levels of active clearances to match client requirements and confirm clearance eligibility specific to client requirements in a screening conversation
- Manage time to contact and screen a volume of qualified candidates to match client requirements as follow up to the initial contact from Technical Recruiters
- Work efficiently to qualify talent, specific to client requirements and general professionalism
- Work efficiently to excite qualified talent with respect to client opportunity and corporate culture and close to move the process forward with resume submittal
- Use effective written and verbal communication skills in a professional, engaging manner during all candidate interactions
- Present the details specific to qualified candidates to Technical Account Manager so the process can move forward with formal, client submittal
Technical Account Managers
Job Function: to grow ka-hoot client base, specific to the cleared community, in an effort to secure additional billable time for the ka-hoot team
Technical Account Managers will:
- Identify new small-business client opportunities within the relevant cleared community
- Reach out and engage with potential clients to educate them on the unique, hourly ka-hoot deliverable
- Close new clients to engage with ka-hoot and maintain contact with existing client base for continued growth and sales success, with the ideal goal of moving all clients to on-going, rolling support
- Communicate with client to gather and understand requirements and then effectively communicate those requirements to ka-hoot team
- Manage client expectations around time and ability to deliver
- Submit qualified candidates based on screens conducted by Technical Recruiting Managers
- Communicate with clients to gather and understand feedback on submitted candidates and inform the ka-hoot Technical Recruiter and Technical Recruiting Manager teams of any necessary course corrections
In return, ka-hoot offers a platform for competitive compensation, career growth and challenge. Even without the office, we have a strong corporate culture. We hire professionals and trust our team to deliver. We also understand you have a life outside of work, because, guess what? We do, too. If you want to join a young, exciting company doing interesting talent brand and talent acquisition work, ka-hoot might be the place for you.