SEGULA Technologies Nederland BV develops advanced intelligent systems, in particular for the High Tech and Automotive industry in the Benelux. SEGULA Nederland is the High Tech Excellence Centre within the Group. We strive to be in the top 3 for delivery of High End solutions in the High Tech and Automotive market.
Engineering – Mechanical Engineer
Resident Engineer Automotive M/F
The Resident Engineer at SEGULA Technologies is responsible for the liaison between the customer and engineers at Segula office. He or she identifies the needs of the customer and takes the initiative to come up with possible Mechanical (pneumatics, water, fuel, hydraulics) and Electrical (wire harness) Routing solutions in the areas of chassis, cabin and engine. You build trust with the stakeholders at the customer and serve as SEGULA’s spokesperson at the customer site and vice versa.
Your will amongst others:
– Collecting functional and non-functional requirements from various stakeholders and compile these into work package documents
– Defining the physical architecture of the (routing) design in close collaboration with the customer
Managing the complexity of a high number of vehicle variants
– Translating functions and features into the 3D routing design, 2D drawings (mechanical, electrical), bill of materials and documentation.
– Leading and guiding an offshore team of engineers at Segula office and serving as the quality gate keeper for the delivered engineering output
– Implementing engineering output into the customer systems and initiate the logistic parts ordering process.
– Leading simultaneous engineering team meetings to align all stakeholders from various disciplines and areas within the customer organization
– Monitoring and implementing change requests from customer, while managing engineering resource requirements and monitoring budget.
– Identifying new project opportunities at the customer and writing commercial project proposals
In order to be succesful in this job you will most likely have the following profile:
– BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or Industrial Design with a minimum 3 years of work experience in a product development environment for series production, knowledge of the Design for Six Sigma methodology is preferred.
– Experience in communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
– Ability to identify and mitigate fail mechanisms during the design phase using the Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) methodology
– Practical knowledge of and affinity with automotive subsystems and components and knowledge of mechanical routing components such as pipes, hoses and fittings is an asset
– Familiar with material properties of metal alloys and the capabilities and limitations of manufacturing processes such as sheet metal fabrication, welding, machining and casting
– Ability to translate functional requirements into dimensional component specifications using tolerance stack-up analyses and applying the Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing system (GD&T)
Experience in modeling and drafting using parametric 3D CAD software (e.g. NX, CATIA, Creo, SolidWorks)
– Knowledge of wire harness design and experience in designing electrical wire and bundle diagrams using software (e.g. Saber, KABI, VeSys, Capital) is a nice to have
You are most likely:
-Fluent in English and a command of Dutch, and/ or French are an asset
– An excellent communicator with the good interpersonal skills
– Able to lead a team, to transfer your (expert) knowledge and to organize working within a changing environment and with several locations and stakeholders.
– A self-starter, initiating tasks and spotting new opportunities comes natural to you.
– Analytical, pragmatic and results-focused, ability to separate the essential from the noise
– A critical thinker, challenging assumptions and common beliefs
Europe, The Netherlands
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
Mid career 3-5 years
Our offer :
– You have the chance to work within a challenging, international and innovative environment with specialized and experienced colleagues
– A motivated and multicultural team in a growing organization with lots of ambition
– The possibility to develop yourself and to experience rapid professional growth in line with the organizational growth and the variety in projects
– Have access to the state of art design methods and tools
– Long term perspective and a permanent contract
SEGULA Technologies Nederland BV develops advanced intelligent systems, in particular for the High Tech and Automotive industry in the Benelux.
Established in 2010, our company is part of the SEGULA Group which has its head office in France (approximately 6,800 employees worldwide). As a project organization, we apply our (engineering) knowledge to non-linear systems. This knowledge is comprised of systems architecture and modelling, mechanics, mechatronics, electronics, software, system integration and calibration. Our priorities for the coming years will be aimed at Thermal and Flow control, Robotics and the development of Autonomous Multi Physical Systems.
SEGULA Nederland is the High Tech Excellence Centre within the Group. We strive to be in the top 3 for delivery of High End solutions in the High Tech and Automotive market.
Through our approach and commitment, we succeed time and time again in winning the confidence of our customers. Confidence that paves the way for innovation and the best solutions. That is why we are proud of our company motto: Let’s shape the future together!
You can upload your cv here or send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- English (Proficient)
- Dutch (Intermediate)