Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at
The DSM Biotechnology Center * (DBC) is the center for biotechnological Research and Development (R&D) within DSM.
Within the Analysis Center we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed:
(Senior Associate) Scientist.
- Participate in different R&D projects by representing the overall analytical expertises as responsible Scientist Analysis
- Being responsible for the analytical budget
- Next to your science role in the projects, you translate project questions into analytical solutions together with analytical experts from different disciplines
- You work hands-on and are actively involved in the development of new analytical methods, coaching of co-workers and communicating with customers.
- We are looking for someone with a PhD or comparable level in analytical chemistry and having a background in biochemistry or biotechnology with good knowledge of organic chemistry.
- Experience in chromatography, mass spectrometry and NMR spectroscopy for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of different classes of bio-molecules (proteins, lipids, metabolites) from a complex biological matrix is recommended.
- Teamwork, customer orientation and good communication with non experts
- Reporting skills (in English)
- Problem solving abilities, flexibility, eagerness and persuasiveness.
- As a professional you are eager to use the experiences of fellow professionals and you like to share knowledge with your colleagues.
DSM’s wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents.
The Procedure & Contact
Interested in this role? Please apply online by uploading your CV and motivation letter.
For more information you can contact Evelien Vlap, Talent Acquisition Business Partner (
). Reference check procedures as well as an assessment are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
* The DSM Biotechnology Center (DBC) in Delft is the primary location for biotechnological Research and Development for the innovation-driven company DSM. DBC uses bright science to create better living ® through the development of new and improved products for DSM, in particular for the Business Groups DSM Food Specialties, DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals, DSM BioSolutions, DSM Nutritional Products and for the Emerging Business Areas Bio-based Products & Services and Specialty Packaging.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.