Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales & Marketing within the limits of the established policies, procedures oversees and implements all sales activities in his/her specific area of responsibility.
1. Assists the Director of Sales & Marketing in producing, implementing and monitoring action plans to ensure Business Plan objectives are achieved.
2. Implements all sales action plans related to his/her market segmentation as outlined in the Business Plan.
3. Attends major travel functions (i.e. trade shows, associations) that deal specifically with his/her designated areas).
4. Establishes and maintains files on major active accounts within his/her designated area(s).
5. Interacts with other Sales Managers within the hotel and other hotels as well as individuals outside the hotel within his/her designated area(s) including, but not limited to, clients, local hotel associations, and other members of the local community.
6. Plans sales trips, under the direct approval of Director of Sales & Marketing to major marketing areas, calling on accounts within their specific designated area(s). Reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing on potential markets needing coverage.
7. Provides feedback to the Director of Sales & Marketing on changing market conditions, including trends in the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone and direct mail, in his/her market areas.
8. Arranges FAM/Site inspection trips to hotels by major clients and accompanies clients.
9. Disseminates sales related information to other departments as appropriate.
10. Maintains a high level of exposure in the hotel major market areas through direct sales solicitation; telephone contacts, and written communications.
11. Submit weekly sales activity report to the Director of Sales & Marketing
12. Establishes and monitor a Monthly Sales Report.
13. Monitors new accounts and monthly productivities and report back.
14. Develops prospects accounts, and implement a Sales Action Plan for each account.
15. Drawing up offers and contracts and general correspondence with guests concerning his/ her segment.
16. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
17. Keeps updated with new product in the market.
18. Provides feedback on performance for the purpose of performance evaluations as required regarding colleague probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
19. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
20. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
21. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
22. Sells and promotes hotel and facilities at every opportunity.
23. Constant follow-up of tentative/request groups to secure confirmation.
24. Actively participates in all hotel energy saving and recycling initiatives and ensures that all Sales & Marketing colleagues follow the same.
25. Attends departmental meetings and attends Management meetings in the absence of the Director of Sales & Marketing as required.
26. In the absence of the Director of Sales & Marketing, participates in the weekly revenue meetings with General Manager, Revenue Manager, Financial Controller, F&B Manager and other Heads of revenue generating departments as required.
27. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all colleagues within the Sales & Marketing department.
28. Strictly adheres to the hotel’s policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
29. Actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
30. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
Competencies & Skills
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Good Working Knowledge of Creating Sales & Marketing Strategies
Good Working Knowledge of Creating and Maintaining Business Accounts
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Good Working Knowledge of OPERA /PMS Systems
Basic Working Knowledge of On-Line Distribution Channels
Certificate/Diploma in Sales & Marketing
Bachelors Degree in Business Management
Bachelors Degree in Sales & Marketing
Minimum 3-Years Experience as a Sales Manager in 4 or 5 Star Hotels
Minimum 3-Years Experience as a Sales Manager in 4 or 5 Star Hotels in the UAE/GCC
Date Needed By
# of Hires Needed