The role of the Solution Consultant is to provide strategic support to the sales team in closing large scale Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) opportunities. Responsibilities include presales, analysis, RFP management, competitor analysis and the effective demonstration of the Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions.
You need to be a good communicator and speaker as this role involves giving presentations on the trends in Web Content Management, how these trends are impacting businesses and online marketing strategies and what technologies and standards are influencing this. You will also work with Adobe’s product and marketing teams to provide industry and market feedback to help to shape product direction. The role is responsible for providing thought leadership, managing customer expectations and driving large customer opportunities. To be successful you need to possess a high level of professionalism, enthusiasm, passion and drive. This includes supporting Account Executives through the sales process, and leveraging the extended team to support our customers’ through the proof of concepts and transition to the account support team.
What you’ll do
Main emphasis of this role is to provide the sales force with technical assistance during a sales cycle with a new or existing prospect, build a strong long-term business relationship with existing named accounts, maintaining visibility of the overall sales objectives and product strategy. This involves offering sales person(s) direction on business and technical requirements, identifying opportunities where AEM solutions can bring significant business benefit to a customer – such
as increased efficiency, improved productivity, reductions in costs etc.
This person needs to be self-motivated, able work on his/her own (independently against set goals) and must have excellent customer facing skills with the ability to conduct meetings with senior management and deliver seminars.
This position requires the following aspects:
- Understanding of online (SEO, SEM, Display, etc.) and/or traditional (direct mail, TV, etc.) marketing techniques and strategies.
- Familiar with concepts involving Java Content Repository, Webservices,
- In-depth knowledge of marketing trends and how these relate to Digital Marketing, CMS and personalization.
- Clear understand of industry best practices across one or more verticals (e.g. financial services, retail, travel, Pharma, Automotive etc.)
- Exceptional presentation skills and client-facing experience.
- Competitive knowledge of CMS, Web analytics, Optimisation and Campaign Management vendors,
- Proficient technical writing skills
- Solution selling skills
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems
- Present product demonstrations via web conference and onsite at client offices
- Answer business, technical and logistical questions during the sales process through documentation, presentations, and demonstrations
- Assist account executives in creating client presentations and defining solution strategy
- Participate in road shows, conferences, and other sales opportunities
- Document other client product requests and requirements for product management and engineering departments
What you need to succeed:
- Extensive experience in technical presales
and demonstrable record of success within the digital marketing and or web content management field.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel and work in field based role
- Familiar and skilled with graphics programs to create presentations (i.e., Adobe Photoshop)
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, and dedicated to customer support
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Proficient in English and Swedish
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems preferred, classification 2:1 or higher.
- Preferred prior training with sales methodologies such as value selling, challenger etc.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on
Best Companies lists
. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique
approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe’s the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the
Adobe Life blog
and explore the meaningful
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.