How does a restaurant function without a server? Simply put: it doesn’t. You are the cog that keeps this crazy machine running smoothly. An enjoyable, memorable guest experience is in your hands from start to finish. You are responsible for taking guest reservations, welcoming guests (with a smile, obviously!) upon arrival, answering questions about the menu, helping them make choices and serving drinks and food. You should also have magical powers – specifically, the ability to read minds and provide guests with what they need even before they have a chance to ask for it.
THESE ARE SOME OF YOUR RESPONSIBLITIES…
- Preparation of mise en place – setting tables, having silverware and linen ready, stocking service areas, etc.;
- Explaining the menu – including daily specials and upselling;
- Pro-actively assisting guests with their drink and dinner choices;
- Anticipating dietary needs and communicating these properly to the kitchen
- Taking orders in a timely manner;
- Preparation of simple orders such as drinks, small dishes/snacks;
- Tidying and cleaning restaurant and service areas during and at the end of the shift according to HACCP standards.
- HACCP certified.
In addition to all the regular salary and benefit stuff that comes with the job, you also get:
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, international organisation. We’re not just another restaurant group, we’re a game changing innovator;
- The chance to learn and grow in your role, with the potential for growth within or across an international company;
- Cool events and fun team members!
- Free gym – You are free to use the TSH gym in the location you are working at. Get the blood pumping and bring your team members along!
- Staff rates – There are staff rates for team members so you can experience our awesome hotels and game-changing restaurants!
WE ARE THE COMMONS!
The Commons is the space within The Student Hotel that connects people from all walks of life, bringing students, travelers, freelancers, entrepreneurs and neighborhood locals together over the joy of food, drinks and discovering the other passions we have in common. It is the every-bar/restaurant/café for everyone: laptop and coffee workspace for students, cocktail-bar for friends, lunch spot for business meetings, date night for lovers, and a casual group dining space for families of all kinds. It’s a place for drinks that lead to dinner that leads to who knows what…
How do we achieve this familiar and welcoming anything-can-happen social environment? With awesomely fun, smart and motivated team members who embrace the spirit and bring it to life. We’re looking for people who love sharing and discovering new experiences, who easily connect with others, and who believe that laughter, just as much as fresh juices and salads, is an essential part of well-being and that variety, just as much as Sriracha and saffron, is the spice of life.
ARE YOU IN?
Great! Send your CV and a short cover letter telling us why you’re made for this role.