About the Role
WeWork is looking for a passionate and motivated Social Media Manager to join our global social media team. This person will be based in Berlin and will report into our Social Media team at HQ in New York to assist with community management and support audience engagement across several of WeWork’s European social media channels.
Candidates must have excellent relationship, writing and communication skills and, of course, a huge passion for the ever-evolving world of social media. Mother-tongue German is required as well as English fluency.
- Strategize to create compelling content (written, photo, and video) for several of WeWork’s European social media channels, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Snapchat.
- Create, own, and control the content calendar for those platforms and the key influencers and stakeholders that touch them, both internally and externally.
- Help execute strategic social media content and campaigns for new locations, events, and brand partnerships.
- Day-to-day community management of several social media channels (replying to questions and concerns, writing and scheduling daily posts, etc.)
- Track, and analyze the performance of social media posts and channels and make recommendations accordingly.
- Attend a variety of events (both during and after traditional work hours) to capture and/or create social media content.
- Liaise with internal teams, including in-house designers and photographers, to produce creative assets.
- Collaborate on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 3–5 years of digital marketing/social media experience
- Proactive, driven, and creative individual with strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with using all major social media platforms
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology
- Have an eye for design and photography, including keen instinct about what’s on-brand
- Must have experience creating content for social media
- Must be willing and eligible to work in Berlin, Germany and travel to other markets as needed
- Must have German as mother-tongue across reading and writing, as well as fluency in English. Other languages are a plus!
- Strong personal social media presence (please share!)
- Experience with contests, polls, special promotions, and social media marketing is a plus
- Published writing examples
- Photography and video editing skills
- Photoshop and/or InDesign skills