About StartupLab. StartupLab is an incubator for early stage technology startups, located in Oslo Science Park. We house 82 ambitious tech startups and help connect them with founder-friendly capital, clients, talent and advisors to help accelerate their growth. One of the ways we do that, is arranging relevant events that add value to our startups and stakeholders.
Since we were established in 2012 we have worked with 231 startups, 74% of them are still growing. StartupLab members and alumni companies include Tise, Hold, United Influencers, Kahoot, ReMarkable and No Isolation.
We are looking for a part-time event coordinator who will be responsible for StartupLab’s annual event calendar which includes:
Our monthly Friday beer with a fireside chat. Check out our latest event here ( https://www.facebook.com/StartUpLabNo/photos/a.535526809811678.124842.437961089568251/1565535590144123/?type=3&theater ). Appr. 50 attendees.
Summer & Winter Pitch Party
Read more about the event here ( https://www.facebook.com/437961089568251/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1656306314400383 ). Appr. 250 attendees.
Read more about the event here ( https://www.facebook.com/437961089568251/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1695082977189383 ).
Join a Startup
Read more about the event here ( https://www.facebook.com/437961089568251/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1695082977189383 ). Appr. 250 attendees.
Summer party for members
Internal summer party for members and alumni companies. Appr. 150 attendees.
Christmas party for members
Internal “julebord” for members and alumni companies. Appr. 150 attendees.
Other StartupLab or Founders Fund events on a case by case basis
Role and responsibilities:
- Understand requirements for each event
- Plan event with attention to financial and time constraints
- Research vendors (catering, music etc) and choose the best quality and cost
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the best terms
- Hire staff/runners to assist on the day of the event
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations etc)
- Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. technology, set-up etc) to ensure everything meets standards
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Evaluate event’s success and submit reports
Who are we looking for:
- Genuine enthusiasm and interest in event / project management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Well-organized and multi-tasking skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Good communication skills (presentations, analysis)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a can-do attitude
- Experience with event management or coordination an advantage but not a requirement
This is a part-time position, hours and workload can vary depending on the event calendar. The responsibilities include ensuring that we plan ahead of each event in a timely manner and get invitations out early. Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project is essential.
Are you up for the challenge? If you are an ambitious, driven individual who wants to work in a dynamic and fun environment with great entrepreneurs, come join us!
Deadline for applications: 16 November 2017