SUSE Technical Support Engineer, Prague
We are growing our SUSE Global Support organisation and are currently seeking highly motivated Technical Support Engineers to provide technical support and problem resolution to our customers using SUSE Linux products and offerings. Our portfolio includes SUSE Linux Enterprise Server/Desktop, SUSE Linux High Availability Extension, SUSE Manager, SUSE Cloud, SUSE Enterprise Storage Container/Docker, but to name a few of the exciting products and technologies we work with.
You will be joining a team of highly skilled Linux technical specialists providing our global SUSE customers with a 24/7 "follow the sun" support service. As a Technical Support Engineer at SUSE your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex, critical and sensitive support issues both over the phone, electronically and occasionally on-site.
- Collaborate efficiently with your Technical Support colleagues, both locally in Prague and globally across locations including Germany, US and Singapore.
- Engage with next level support, development and/or product management colleagues when necessary in order to resolve customer problems.
- Recreate customer issues and, if needed, document solutions to known/common issues.
- Learning and accumulating knowledge on new technologies, and act as a multiplier.
- Availability to occasionally be on call after hours and on weekends.
- Occasional travel to customer locations may be required in order to resolve technical issues. Attending and contributing on customer facing conferences.
The Candidate Profile
We are looking for motivated and self-driven technical support professionals who have a passion for providing first-class customer service in a 1st and 2nd line support organization. You will be working in a complex and diverse technical environment and we are looking for candidates who have a high desire to learn new products and technologies to enhance your current skillset.
Your existing experience does include:
- Experience of working within a Technical support/SUSE Linux Services environment.
- A core ethos of doing whatever is necessary to keep the customer happy.
- A strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation and the ability to prioritize and organize multiple, simultaneous workloads.
- The ability to appropriately handle tense and stressful customer situations regarding service outages and production affecting issues.
- The ability to assess the customer situation and select the best go-forward-path indipendently.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills, in both oral and written form.
- Experienced in providing a timely and accurate response and resolution to customer issues over the phone or electronically.
- The ability to work efficiently in a dynamic and collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled and motivated engineers.
- The ability to adapt to new technologies.
- All candidates should be fluent in English (written and verbal) with additional European language skills highly desirable.
Your minimum technical qualifications should include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge level at least on LPI1, SCA, RHCA, CompTIA Linux+ or equivalent, preferably certified.
- A number of years of experience in technical support or as a system administrator for Linux OS, preferably SUSE and/or Red Hat.
- Familiar with RPM based Linux systems.
- Solid in Shell usage and fundamental system commands.
- Experience in some of the below areas:
- Networking concepts and protocols
- Storage technologies (like SAN, multipathing, iSCSI, LVM)
- Active Directory / DFS / Windows Server administration
- High Availability / Clustering technologies
- Virtualization technologies, such as KVM, XEN, VMware, Hyper-V
- OpenStack Cloud
- SAP Solutions
- Experience reading and understanding source code is prefered (ANSI C, Shell)