We are looking for a tour leader for a group adventure tour (for about 40 adults) in Amsterdam, Belgium, Paris, and the Palace of Versailles. We’ll spend nine days exploring everything these amazing cities have to offer! Experience in guiding is an advantage but not essential. What is more important is the great attitude and positive energy that you bring to the group. We have amazing tour leaders from all walks of life who all have two things in common: they LOVE providing our travellers with life changing experiences and are passionate about Europe!
Dates: June 16 – 24, 2018
Location: Amsterdam, Brussels, Bruges, Paris
Compensation: Usually around $2000 – $2500 USD, depending on tips
What you offer Spark Expeditions:
- You are a passionate, dedicated person who loves travel and interacting with people from around the globe.
- You have proven leadership skills and are comfortable managing group dynamics, different personalities and cultures.
- You must have a level head on your shoulders and be able to proactively and professionally deal with everything from road closures to injuries, and anything else that is thrown at you!
- You thrive on a challenge, have initiative, and are able to keep a smile on your face from day 1 to day 10.
- Your love of your country is infectious, and by the end of their trip your passengers will have a great insight into all things Europe!
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to slemmer1 @ jhu.edu. Should we wish to consider your application further, preliminary screening and interviews will be conducted through November/December, with final interviews to be conducted in December.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Consistently deliver a high level of customer service and traveller satisfaction.
- Provide leadership for our travellers and be responsible for their well-being.
- Have detailed knowledge of hotels, sights, restaurants, transport, souvenirs, prices, etc.
- Act as day-to-day guide and manager of the group.
- Deal directly with your traveller’s issues and concerns, ensuring that passenger satisfaction is effectively achieved.
- Make reservations for accommodation, transportation and activities as required.
- Assist and accompany travellers during optional activities and meals.
- Advise travellers on suitable restaurants, additional transport requirements, purchase of souvenirs, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Nationals of France, Belgium, or The Netherlands, and 21 years of age or above
- A Love for Travel
- Guiding experience of 1 year+ is an advantage
- Excellent English language skills – both written and spoken
- Demonstrated communication, leadership, problem solving and decision making skills
- Awareness of and commitment to sustainable tourism
- The ability to handle daily stresses and long hours with a high amount of energy
- Physical ability to handle long days of walking in the city
- Extensive knowledge of the history, geography, and culture of France, Belgium, and The Netherlands
- Able to pass an extensive background check
- A tour leader based in Paris, Brussels, or Amsterdam is preferred
Job Type: Contract